Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 154: 9/1/12

Miles today: 13.5
Total miles: 1,996.0
Miles remaining: 188.2

An easier day today. Hiked with Voice of Reason. Climbed over Sugarloaf Mtn and Crocker Mtn, then had a gradual descent into Stratton for resupply. Voice and I had dinner at a diner, I had two bottles of Moosehead. Reminded me of my early twenties when I drank a lot of that stuff. Good beer.
We bought a huge resupply of groceries; we're trying to make it to Monson, the last trail town on the AT. I'm going to miss those little town stops, sitting in diners and pubs, the cheeseburgers and beer, hanging out with the locals. I've really enjoyed that part of the journey. I'll be ready to finish my thru-hike, I've been out here for long enough. But I will miss the little things that make it what it is.

Camping near the AT just north of Maine highway 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment