Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 159: 9/6/12

Miles today: 11.6
Total miles: 2,075.3
Miles remaining: 108.9

Arrived in Monson today for one last town stop before finishing the AT. I've got about one week to go. Saw a lot of northbound thru-hikers in town, many for the last time, perhaps. Got one more big town breakfast and one more town lunch (cheeseburger of course) in me, then resupplied and was back on my way.
After town I entered the "100-mile wilderness," where there is nowhere to resupply for the next hundred miles. It's the last hurrah on the trail before entering Baxter State Park and summiting Mt. Katahdin. This is already a beautiful stretch of trail, so I'm going to soak it all in. Only one more week to go on what has been an epic journey.

Camping near the AT about a mile south of Little Wilson Falls.


No comments:

Post a Comment