Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 161: 9/8/12

"I'd like a shower, a shave, and the feel of a suit."
- Sean Connery in 'The Rock'

Miles today: 16.8
Total miles: 2,105.6
Miles remaining: 78.6

More of the same from the 100-mile wilderness: mountain climbing, river fording, rain, etc. put in some decent miles. Tomorrow will be difficult. Heavy rain, then one big climb up Whitecap Mountain. I'm told the elevation and terrain is easier after that but I learned long ago that reports of easy terrain are all LIES. I try telling myself that I've only got a few more days to go but that just makes it harder. I'm ready to be done with this. I miss being clean, being well-fed, being clothed in something other than the same dirty shirt day after day, month after month. But there's only one way to be done, and that's to finish. So let's finish this thing, once and for all. Give me your best shot, nature, I'm hiking this trail tomorrow rain or shine.

Camping near Carl A. Newhall lean-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment