Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 10: 4/10/12

Miles today: 11.0
Total miles: 120.8

Left Franklin, NC this morning, back on the trail by 10am.

The first picture here, from this morning's hike, is not photoshopped. You can't make that shit up.

Uphill climb to Wayah Bald. Nice views at the top. Pictured here atop Wayah from left: Mark, John, me, and Daniel. Mark, John and another guy Jacques or "Train Wreck" are all from Maine. They've all done Katahdin and it sounds pretty schweet. They've been calling me Chiba or "Cheebs" for short. I guess that's my new trail name.

2 comments:

  1. You're the only one that actually looks dressed for the hike. Those other guys look like week-end hiker types.

    Do those ski poles really work well? How expensive are those things? I think I'd rather use sticks that I can just toss and grab another when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a trail name - yay! :) I've heard great things about the walking poles - downhill is a killer on my knee and I've heard that's where they come in handy

    ReplyDelete