Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 19: 4/19/12

Miles today: 18.6
Total miles: 241.0

Last night I dreamt I was in an area that was being overrun by an invasive non-native species of frogs. It was up to me to cordon off the area to keep the frog population from spreading. I awoke from this dream to the sound of scores of (tree?) frogs chirping and croaking. Funny.

Today was a long day; more wet hiking but at least the rain had stopped. I had to stop several times to take care of my feet. In the end it was duct tape wrapped around my foot that prevented blisters.

After leaving the Smokies the trail overlapped and crossed under a few highways then led us to Standing Bear Farm. This place is rad; it's a hostel with showers, laundry, kitchen, store, etc. Nice reward for a long day's hike.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good there Justin. Making some real miles now. Hope the weather gets a little dryer for you guys. Stay safe and headed north.

    Sherpa and the crew.

    ReplyDelete