Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 28: 4/28/12

Miles today: 6.3
Total miles: 342.0

Got up early this morning and headed down the trail to Nolichucky Hostel, or "Uncle Johnny's," as it's also known. This place deserves the sketchy reputation that it has. But as far as hostels go, it'll do. Cheap bunk, shuttles to town. They also have bicycles so this dude Hambone and I took bikes into town. Rode in, did the usual laundry and resupply, and made a few phone calls. Back at the hostel I met a few guys from my hometown of Kalamazoo, MI. We drank beer and talked about the Detroit Tigers. Small world.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a small baseball fix in, and are still enjoying your hike. Still very envious. Keep safe, cousin.

    Matt Lyon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin... I am a friend of your Dad's.. I heard Pastor Terry talk about you as part of his sermon this morning.. glad all is going well.. Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin, you are doing great . . . you are where I ended up at the end of my five weeks out in 2007. You are right about Uncle Johnnys . . . a bit sketchy. I spent a night there--great shower. Loving your daily updates . . . I am living vicariously through your hike. Keep an eye out for Bob Peoples Hostel . . a really interesting treasure on the trail, and he is an institution. God Bless you on the journey. Terry
    AKA:18 Wheeler

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justin

      I am a neighbor of your parents here in St. Joseph Michigan. I have read all your enteries and have enjoyed them. Keep those beautiful photos coming. Have a safe journey. I wish I had the time and the courage to do such a hike.
      Oh to be young.
      Ellen

      Delete