Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 16: 4/16/12

Miles today: 13.5
Total miles: 196

Nice hiking, the Smokies. Pretty scenery. Grass, nice open spaces, wildflowers. Deer are tame around here. I can't help but think, then, that maybe the bears are too.

On hot oatmeal: are you people crazy?? This stuff is terrible. Take some oats, pour water or milk over them and you've got something delicious. Oats have great flavor and texture. Then, you got "oatmeal," which, when hot, retains none of the aforementioned flavor or texture of oats. It becomes mush, gruel, "meal," as it were. It's got the consistency of snot and in the absence of real oats I've had to eat this crap. "Peaches and cream," "apple cinnamon" and the like? All a clever ruse to mask how ill hot oatmeal is. I only rant like this because every morning when I eat oats someone invariably asks me disgustedly, "you eat your oatmeal COLD??" YES, you hot oatmeal-eatin' sickos, I eat it cold and I'm going to keep doin' it that way until I die.

I'm just sayin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment