Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 6: 4/6/12

Miles today: 12.1
Total miles: 70.7

Misty, foggy, cold morning hiking early on. Dreamy kind of scenery. Rained later on, got to test my rain gear, yay.

A group of three of us went into Hiawasse, GA to resupply today: Mickey, aka "Acid Glasses" from Columbus, OH; Daniel from Baden Würtemburg, Germany; and me. Then we were given a ride back to the trail and hiked another mile into camp.

After dinner I hung my first bear bag using the PCT method and freakin nailed it. See the attached picture, tell me you've seen a better hang than that, I dare you.

Next Mickey and Daniel's turn. It was funny as hell watching them have less beginner's luck than me. I could hear the Benny Hill theme playing while they tried to throw their rock over the branch.

Tomorrow we enter North Carolina.

3 comments:

  1. Rockin the bear bag Justin. The Sherpa crew is with you in Spirit. Please tell Daniel and Acid Glasses we said hello and that we are thinking about all of you guys. It was great meeting you all and hope to follow you through your sites. Stay safe and keep heading north.

    The Sherpa Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Now you have a wicked answer when somebody poses the question "How's it hanging?" Glad to see you are off an running. Cheers, Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dude! ...is it easy to get it down?? :)

    ReplyDelete