Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 34: 5/4/12

Miles today: 15.8
Total miles 434.0

Spent last night alone at the shelter; no one else showed up. The solitude continued into this morning's hike, a long, steep uphill climb up the cliffs. I could tell I was the first hiker to walk this particular section of the trail today because I walked through about a million spider webs. That is one of the rudest sensations one can experience in nature (though I'm told having a camel spit on on you ranks highly, as well). Constantly having to peel spider webs from your brow, cheeks, ears, nose, neck, etc. No fun.
And the solitude continued all day. I didn't see a single other hiker today. And I'm alone at tonight's shelter as well, unless someone rolls in just before sundown. Nice, having plenty of alone time today.

Tonight's dinner is fettuccine al fredo with anchovies!

Camped at Vandeventer shelter.

1 comment: