Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 47: 5/17/12

Miles today: 12.0
Total miles: 619.4

Got a late start today. Normally I get up around 6 or 6:30 but today I slept in until about 8. Took my time breaking camp too. Made breakfast, then drank coffee and smoked a cigar, sat by the falls again, really milked it this morning.
A nice hike through the woods today.
Stopped for the day a half mile off the trail at Wood's Hole Hostel. Probably wouldn't have stayed here but everyone was raving about it and I'd read some good reviews so I gave it a try. I wasn't disappointed; this place is a real gem. The owners take great pride in making this a nice place to stay, especially with the food. Everything is grown and made on site. Really special. Dinner was outta site. Breakfast should be no different. It's nights like this that make a hard day's hike all the more rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment