Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 51: 5/21/12

Miles today: 18.2
Total miles: 680.0

Good miles today. Got an early start, finished at 5:30. The last 5 miles included a gnarly thunderstorm with heavy rain but I made it to the shelter and all my gear stayed dry, except for my shoes and socks of course, no problem.
All of us in our little crew are almost out of food and are anxious to resupply in a few days. This also means that our backpacks are super-light so that's the consolation prize for running out of delicious snickers and beef jerky. And cheese. We've all decided we need to start packing some liquor when we resupply; after hiking in the rain it really helps to drink hot chocolate with some hooch in it to keep you warm.
Really looking forward to getting new shoes in a few days; my current pair is really starting to break down.

I saw lots of snakes today.

Staying at Niday shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment