Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 123: 8/1/12

Miles today: 14.8
Total miles: 1,660.9
Miles remaining: 523.3

More Vermont beauty today. I'm really enjoying the Green Mountains. Nice hiking, lots of pine forest, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Had a few views spoiled by fog early on this morning but had a spectacular one from Baker Peak to end the day. As I reached the summit the sight literally took my breath away. I've never seen the Appalachians look so magnificent. I've always loved the eastern mountains, even in comparison with the Rockies, but today they outdid themselves. I've never been to this part of the country so this is all new to me. The trail continues to deliver, and I understand it only gets better from here.

Staying at Lost Pond shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment