Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 136: 8/14/12

Miles today: 8.8
Total miles: 1,811.1
Miles remaining: 373.1

Slow miles again, which is how it's going to stay in the White Mountains. A hand-over-hand climb up Kinsman Peak to start the day was super-fun. Kind of a busy day on the mountain. Lots of day hikers, all stopping me to ask questions about my thru-hike. That's always flattering. At one point a camera crew for a local public tv station stopped me for an interview. I was coming down the mountain; they were going up. They had some stones, hauling all that camera gear up that climb.
Took a break at Lonesome Lake hut, run by the Appalachian Mountain Club. Nice place.
Had some nice views today, but photos do no justice. Below is a picture of Franconia Ridge, my next big climb coming up. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to resupply and wait out some bad weather. Hopefully it'll clear up when I'm back up at higher elevations.

Staying at Chet's Place hostel in Lincoln, NH


1 comment: