Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 130: 8/8/12

Miles today: 1.5
Total miles: 1,743.5
Miles remaining: 440.7

Left Warren's place this morning and headed back into Hanover. Had breakfast at a diner with Testament, Man Boy, and Voice. Breakfast food in town is always the shizznittohotdiggitydawggydizzawg.
After breakfast took a bus into West Lebanon to the EMS outfitter. Got new shoes - my fourth, and likely final, pair this hike. And some other odds and ends and such.
Back in town I went to the post office to pick up my cold-weather sleeping bag (thanks Mom & Dad for sending!) and send back my summer bag. Sad to see that small, light bag go but it is good to see my old bag again, gonna need it for some cold nights coming up. I remember the last time I used it, just before Bland, VA. Seems like a long time ago.
We went out for pizza and beer, then went for food resupply. We had just enough time to get back on the trail to find a camp spot. And that was Hanover.

Camping near Velvet Rocks shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment