Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 131: 8/9/12

Miles today: 15.2
Total miles: 1,758.7
Miles remaining: 425.5

A rather unremarkable day hiking-wise, but it's been fun walking with the same group for awhile. The weather was kinda crappy, rained on and off today. But hopefully if it rains now it'll clear up for all the great views coming up. It'd be a huge disappointment to have bad weather in the Whites. I'm told if that happens to wait it out and hike up once the rain stops.
Made it to camp and set up my tent just before the rain started up again. Gotta love that. Too rainy to cook dinner, but I'll be asleep in no time. Not gonna sweat that. Plus it saves some fuel.
Today was a good day overall. The guys I've been hanging out with keep me laughing. When I look back at this that's what I'll remember, not whether it was raining.

Camping near Trapper John shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment