Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 149: 8/27/12

Miles today: 12.9
Total miles: 1,940.2
Miles remaining: 244.0

Rude (adj.): that moment when one awakes at 4am to the sensation of a mouse crawling on his/her forehead. I've been lazy lately and haven't been hanging my food; just been keeping it in my tent. Bad move. This morning a mouse chewed through my tent to get at my food bag. It didn't get any food but it crawled on my head and freaked me the hell out. I switched on my headlamp and let the little guy out of my tent but I couldn't get back to sleep. Always hang your food, boys and girls.
Good terrain today. Did some decent miles. Two huge uphill climbs but nothing too serious. Tomorrow should be a fairly easy day. Gonna try to do some bigger miles.

Camping on top of Old Blue Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment