Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 126: 8/4/12

Miles today: 16.1
Total miles: 1,705.9
Miles remaining: 478.3

A hard day but solid miles. Several up-and-down climbs over the mountains. Rained for awhile this afternoon. I Stopped at Gifford Woods state park to shower and wash my clothes. I noticed a tear down the seat of my pants. I have no idea how long it's been there. Sewed it up as best I could, but I'll need to buy a new pair once I get to Hanover, NH in a few days. I can't sew for jack squat.
Had a monstrous climb at the end of the day which took forever. I barely made it to camp before dark. I was tired and grouchy by the time I got there but when I did I was greeted by a huge crew of fellow northbounders: Grundlehammer, All Balls, Cheddah, B1, Zorro, Voice Of Reason, Man Boy, Yoko, Chunder, Solo, et. al. They were grilling hot dogs and had plenty left over so I ate three. Nice not to have to make dinner tonight. A good end to a hard day.
Crossed the 1700-mile mark today. If walking is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Camping near Stony Brook shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment