Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 152: 8/30/12

Miles today: 3.7
Total miles: 1,967.5
Miles remaining: 216.7

Had to sacrifice miles for rest, resupply, and laundry today. Had a late breakfast at a diner and got a ride from this dude Gary who took me to the grocery store, then the laundromat, then dropped me off back at the trail. Nice guy. People in Rangeley were really nice to the hiker community.
Got back on the trail for a few hours, made camp as the sun was going down. Couldn't hang my food; I lost my rope and carabiner up a tree while hanging my line tonight. That's like the fifth time I've done that out here. So I've got my food by my tent instead so I can shoo away anything that wants to steal it. Hopefully I won't be bothered by any critters. Living in the woods is not without its disadvantages.

Camping near the AT close to Eddy Pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment