Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 63: 6/2/12

Miles today: 20.8
Total miles: 856.3

Boots and I got on the trail around 7 this morning and did an easy 20 miles into Waynesboro. It was the first time I've hiked all day with someone else. It made the time fly, having someone to talk to and joke around with.
Met my parents at Waynesboro, where we're staying at a Residence Inn. A nice place to hang out and rest for a few days before entering Shenandoah. Great to see my folks, a real morale boost.
We ate at Outback steakhouse and my lord did I eat a lot. Bread, artichoke flatbread, salad, porterhouse steak, baked potato and a large beer. Ate it all. Quite possibly the most I've ever eaten in a restaurant. I could make a habit out of this. Looking forward to a good two days off the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment