Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 86: 6/25/12

Miles today: 16.0
Total miles: 1,156.9

Didn't leave Duncannon until 9:00 this morning. It was raining which was fine, but then the thunder and lightning came. Homey don't play that. Waited for that to stop then got going.
Crossed the Susquehanna, then had a long climb up a mountain which included some tricky rocky areas. From the top the trail was all along a ridge line so there weren't any other huge ascents or descents.
At about 6pm I was ready to stop and had plenty of water so I looked for flat spots along the trail to camp. For awhile there was nothing then suddenly I saw the perfect site along the trail. It had golden rays of sunlight beaming on it and I could hear angels sing as I approached. It'll be hard to leave this spot tomorrow.

Camping about two miles south of PA-325.

No comments:

Post a Comment