Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 87: 6/26/12

Miles today: 16.2
Total miles: 1,173.1

Slept in this morning and got a late start, left camp around 10am. The hiking was easy today - more flat, soft terrain with only a few rocky patches.
Met some thru-hikers today I hadn't met before: Bubblefoot, Medicine Man, and F.M. Cool guys. Had lunch with them then hiked another eight miles or so and saw them again. At that point they were setting up camp but I only joined them for dinner. I needed to put in some more miles to make up for my late start. I hiked another hour and a half until I found a good place to camp, hung my food, pitched my tent, and hit the sack. I've got my tent fly partially open, facing east so that the rising sun might get me out of bed sooner tomorrow. We'll see how that works out.

Camping along the A.T. about 3 miles north of Rausch Gap shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment