Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 78: 6/17/12

Miles today: 6.6
Total miles: 1,023.6

Final day in D.C. We all went and got pedicures! This is something I also did just before I started the trail and it was fantastic. After that we went to the movies; saw Prometheus. Gnarly movie, I highly recommend it. Afterwards Tim dropped me off at Union Station for the ride back to Harper's Ferry. I'm lucky to have friends like Tim and Nicole. Their kind and generous hospitality was a real highlight of this trip so far. A huge morale boost heading into the second half of the trail.
After returning to Harper's Ferry I headed up the trail and put in about six miles to the next shelter just before it got dark. Crossed into Maryland. 5 states down, 9 to go.

Staying at Ed Garvey shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment