Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 66: 6/5/12

Miles today: 20.0
Total miles: 876.3

Entered Shenandoah Nat'l Park today. This is some easy hiking. Very well-graded, nice and flat. It rained on and off throughout the day which was tough, but it could have been worse. The shelter was full tonight so I pitched my tent for the first time in awhile. It's raining, so I'm not thrilled about tenting but I've had a good run of not having to tear down a wet tent so I guess I was due.
There were plenty of non-thru-hikers at the shelter tonight, which was apparent by the conversations they carried on, ranging from politics to local current events and other fairly intelligent topics. Whereas the typical thru-hiker conversation might go like this: "Monkey hungry? Monkey want rest of spam?" "No, monkey already eat. Where water? Monkey thirsty. Monkey mad there no spring on trail today."

Camping near Blackrock Hut shelter.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of you with your mom and dad. Send them our love! Glad you had a good few days with them.

    ReplyDelete