Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 103: 7/12/12

Miles today: 12.6
Total miles: 1,394.9

An addendum to yesterday's entry:
Last night I got a call from Incline, a guy I was walking with in VA for awhile. He had to leave the trail but he lives in this area and knew I was close. So he calls and offers to bring us beer, snacks, water (which is like liquid gold around here) and whatever else I needed. So I told him where we were and sure enough he brings a case of beer, several gallons of water, and a bunch of food to us. Unbelievably cool thing to do. So these guys Nokey, Catnap, Testament, and I schlepped all these goodies back up to the shelter and had a fun time. Incline, you are the man.

This morning we were hung over and got a late start. About a mile into today's hike we stopped at Harriman state park to take showers, charge phones and order pizza. Rough day. At about noon we finally decided to get going. Another tough hike today but it ended with a beautiful climb up to Bear Mountain. Great views, nice hiking, great weather. A nice end to the day.

I have almost no food. I have a packet of tuna, a little oatmeal, and some hot sauce. This makes for a very light backpack. Sad then, that I will have to resupply tomorrow.

Camping on top of Bear Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment