Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 106: 7/15/12

Miles today: 12.9
Total miles: 1,440.4

Got up early and headed to Pawling, NY to clean up and resupply. It was a three mile walk from the trail to town but as soon as I started walking someone pulled up alongside me and offered me a ride. That made my day. It was a tough walk this morning so not having to walk those extra off-trail miles really helped. In town I did laundry - HOO-FRIGGIN-RAY. Then bought some food, then hung out at the tavern with fellow hikers. It was pouring rain all afternoon but I was in a town drinking beer, not hiking in it, woohoo!
Tonight we took a quick cab ride to a local park that lets hikers camp for free. It's still raining but we were able to set up our tents under a covered pavilion. Pawling, NY for the win. This town has been good to me.
Tomorrow I'll get up early and take the train into NYC for the day.

I cannot begin to describe how happy and relieved I am to have clean clothes right now.

Camping at Edward R Murrow Memorial Park in Pawling, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment