Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 116: 7/25/12

Miles today: 16.5
Total miles: 1,568.8

It was surprisingly cold and dry this morning, a refreshing change to the humidity. Beautiful weather for hiking. Hiked over Warner Hill and had a clear view of Mount Greylock, Massachusetts' highest peak. I'll summit that mountain tomorrow afternoon.
Made it into Dalton, MA this afternoon and stopped briefly for resupply. Didn't make it to the laundromat before it closed, a disappointment. But I did have a chance to stop at a pub for a giant reuben sandwich and two pints of IPA, a definite consolation prize. Afterwards I had just enough time to hike a quick four miles up the hill to a campsite (that has water - booyah) and set up my tent just before dark. There I saw Skinny Rambo and Float, who I'd seen a lot of in New York and Connecticut. They had a fire going, which made for a nice end to the day.
A productive day overall, dirty socks notwithstanding.

Camping at Crystal Mountain campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment