Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 94: 7/3/12

Miles today: 1.2
Total miles: 1,272.0

Had a quick walk into Wind Gap, where I met my friend Clint, who lives in nearby Bethlehem, PA. Clint is one of my friends from college. It was great to see him; we hadn't seen each other since about eight or nine years ago when he visited Irvine, CA back when I lived in San Diego.
We had breakfast and shot the breeze and got caught up on each other's happenings. Then we went back to his place for me to clean up and join the ranks of civilized humans for a few days. For lunch we met his wife Erika. I hadn't met her before, so that was a real pleasure. Likewise I hadn't yet met their 17-month-old son Oliver. We picked him up at daycare later on and had fun getting to know each other.
For dinner they spoiled me with grilled steak and vegetables (and beer!!).
Tomorrow should be another fun day. I get to relax, take a day off the trail and hang with my friends on the 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment