Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 120: 7/29/12

Miles today: 12.8
Total miles: 1,620.4
Miles remaining: 563.8

More rain today. My wet socks killed my toes. I'd like to have gone farther today but my toes were beat. Hopefully they'll be better tomorrow.
The forest was very pretty today and I was able to get some views of the surrounding mountains. It's becoming apparent that the weather is changing up here too. I'm wearing my jacket for the first time in months. The elevation is going to be a factor before too long. Reminds me a little of the southern mountains. That was only 3-4 months ago but out here it seems like ancient history.
Meeting more and more southbounders as I go. Cool guys. They've been giving advice on what's ahead. Can't wait.

Staying at Kid Gore shelter.

1 comment:

  1. http://galaktican.no-ip.org/Dudemanblog/wp-content/uploads/TwoHeadedJustin.png

    ReplyDelete