Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 97: 7/6/12

Miles today: 18.3
Total miles: 1,305.9

Left Pennsylvania and entered New Jersey today. 7 states down, 7 to go. Did some good miles today in spite of more hot weather and rocky terrain.
NJ would have really impressed me if not for all the ticks. I pulled more ticks off my socks and legs today than I thought I would this entire trip. I wasn't bitten but still I felt violated. I mean, if you're going to bite me and suck my blood you should at least have the decency to turn me into a vampire and grant me cool powers, like having a chocolaty cereal named after me. Or sump'n.
Finished the day exhausted. Found a well with a pump, cold water - a real treat. That was nice after a long hot day. Made dinner then hiked on and set up camp.

Camping near the AT .5 mile north of Blue Mountain Lakes Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment