Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 93: 7/2/12

Miles today: 20.1
Total miles: 1,270.8

A long day today. Got up before 5, hit the trail at 6am sharp. That turned out to be a good idea. There was a huge rock climb up Blue Mountain early on that would have been torture in the heat later in the day.
Once atop Blue Mountain the elevation leveled out but the rocky terrain remained difficult. So I took my time and made slow progress. I was so slow and sluggish that I stopped and took a nap in case that would help. It seemed to; my pace picked up in the afternoon.
Once I arrived at the Leroy Smith shelter to get water and make dinner I ran into Wiseguy, who I hadn't seen since Harper's Ferry. We ate, told stories of what we'd seen and done in Pennsylvania, then I hiked on a few more miles. I should see him again at Delaware Water Gap in a few days.
In the meantime I'm really looking forward to seeing my friend Clint. He lives nearby so I'm going to meet up with him tomorrow. I haven't met his wife Erika or his son Oliver yet, so I look forward to meeting them as well. Should be a great time!

Camping near the AT a few miles from Wind Gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment