Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 95: 7/4/12

Miles today: 0.0
Total miles: 1,272.0

A great day off the trail today. More good times with Clint, Erika, and little Ollie. Erika cooked a righteous breakfast, a great beginning to a great day. We all hung out and relaxed for the rest of the morning, and in the afternoon was a welcome surprise - Erika gave me a massage! Turns out she's a licensed massage therapist. How lucky can a weary hiker get?! That couldn't have worked out better if she were a licensed sherpa and offered to carry my backpack the whole rest of the trip. So now I feel super relaxed and ready to own the trail tomorrow.
Later on we went out for ice cream, took Oliver to the park, and came back to their place for dinner. As I was drinking a beer while Clint was grilling sausages I realized: Men + grilling meat + beer + 4th of July = a good day.
I went to bed early after two full days of being pampered and spoiled. Clint and Erika, if you're reading this, thank you so much for your hospitality. I can't tell you how much it means to me to come off the trail and be met with such wonderful generosity and friendship. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment