Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 119: 7/28/12

Miles today: 18.4
Total miles: 1,607.6

Got up and had breakfast with everyone then hit the trail. It was a good morning but the rest of the day was another dangerously slippery walk in the rain. I suspect the rest of the hike will be this way when it rains, and I have a feeling it's going to rain a lot.
I'm in Vermont now, the Green Mountains. 11 states down, 3 to go. Got to the shelter as it was getting dark. Met a southbound couple who didn't impress me. The guy wouldn't shake hands 'cause it wasn't clean or something but he was sitting Indian style on the picnic table with his dirty stanky feet on the table top. Charming. Oh well, not everybody is as cool as me, HAW HAW HAW.
Anyway, not the most fun day but I put in some good miles and made it to Vermont. That's a huge win. Only 576 miles to go!

Staying at Melville Nauheim shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment