Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 113: 7/22/12

Miles today: 14.3
Total miles: 1,522.4

My feet hurt most of the day today. It was slow going until about 3:00 this afternoon. My left foot was killing me early on.
More pleasant Massachusetts forest today. Pine, lots of pine, with soft pine needly ground and that pine forest smell. Lots of rocky climbs again, which was nice but the sore foot didn't help. Today my pack weight was really an issue. There were very few water sources coming up so I left camp with over 3.5 liters. Water weighs about 2.5 lbs per liter so if my arithmetic serves, I'm carrying about eight tons.
Called it a day around 6:00 and am staying near a shelter that has a stream. Met some people from Grand Rapids, MI, hung out with them for a while.
A garden variety day on the trail today.

Camping near Tom Leonard shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment